Site Tour, Workshops and Master Class Day: Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Wednesday, October 16th, 2019
8:45 AM Sonoco Thermosafe Master Class: Certification Program- Life-Cycle Development of Temperature Assurance Packaging (TAP)
The certification program is a one-day, interactive training course designed to guide participants through the process of developing Temperature Assurance Packaging (TAP) solutions from beginning to end. Topics to be explored include: regulations, transportation/logistics, ambient profiles, operations, and package design. The course is conducted by a diverse team of industry experts who will provide handson instruction with a case-study based learning environment.
Certified Professionals will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of temperature assurance packaging
- Evaluate different solutions to determine what best meets the needs of their company
- Guide the implementation of temperature assurance packaging solutions within your organization
- Grasp the key processes, protocols and techniques involved in designing temperature-controlled packaging
As a precursor to the Professional Course, you will be provided access to the online “Fundamentals” course. This self-paced course is designed to ensure participants develop a solid foundation and understanding of the key elements associated with temperature assurance packaging. At the conference, participants will build upon the knowledge they gained during the “Fundamentals” course as a progression into the “Professional” course. All participants completing courses will be awarded with a Certificate of Completion.
Main Conference Day Two: Friday, October 18, 2019
Friday, October 18th, 2019
11:45 AM Industry Collaboration to Enhance Sustainable Packaging Solutions: Updates on the Return & Reuse Best Practice Guidance
This session will provide a critical update on how both pharma companies and the packaging industry have collaborated to drive standardization of re-usable packaging solutions, allowing the use of more robust shippers at a reasonable price and reducing waste and negative environmental impact.
- Update on packaging and standardizing Operational Qualification (OQ)
- New developments in the re-use of materials
- Overview of the technical paper’s content soon to be published by USP including: passive thermal packaging system types, reuse qualification, refurbishment service and inspection details
- Upcoming group projects including new topics and membership