Ahead of his participation in the Temperature Controlled Logistics Summit 2019, Pharma IQ spoke exclusively to Saddam Huq, Global QA Senior Manager, Distribution & Cold Chain, GSK Vaccines about temperature excursions on a global scale and managing the risks associated with different regions, freight types and the challenges of data management.
The future of the pharma logistics sector will be characterised by solutions that are software driven rather than hardware driven. In this article, with insights from Amy Shortman, Founder and CEO of ASC Associates Ltd we will explore how the latest technologies will affect the sector, including:
• How new technologies will bridge communication between all parties and stakeholders in the supply chain
• What real time and predictive software systems mean for temperature excursion management
• How IoT and blockchain will shape a touchless, wireless, and secure logistics operation offering an ‘immutable level of traceability’ for products
The last mile presents unique challenges for maintaining drug quality and integrity, both in terms of inaccurate planning and a lack of integration between internal systems. In this article, with insights from Henry Moran Chief Operating Officer, ASC Associates Ltd, we explore:
- Who is responsible for the last mile?
- How can you mitigate the two most common causes of disruption in the last mile?
- How will Internet of Things (IoT) shake things up in the last mile?
Multiple factors affect the decision to choose a particular mode of transport for pharmaceuticals. On the back of feedback received on the topic of air freight vs sea freight, Pharma IQ interviewed two industry experts about their thoughts on the continuing importance of air freight in the transportation of temperature controlled pharmaceuticals.