An Open and Shut Case: Trends in Cold Chain Temperature Monitoring
To view this webinar, please fill out the form to register and become a Pharma Logistics member.
Or, if you're already a Pharma Logistics member, sign in below to view.
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
The growth of temperature sensitive pharmaceutical and biological materials that require special handling, including cold chain storage and management, it will reach US$9.58B by 2016 when it is anticipated 8 of the top 10 best-selling global drug products will require 2 to 8 degree C cold chain storage and handling. Monitoring the temperature of biopharmaceuticals from the manufacturer to the health care provider is critical to ensure product efficacy and patient safety, however traditional cold chain solutions:
- Do not provide the ability to cost effectively monitor the temperature data in-transit at every stage of the shipping process without opening the shipment and unpacking the contents to access the data on the temperature monitor.
- May not provide an easy to access or comprehensive data record of the product’s temperature history (inside the container) to the recipient.
- Don’t deliver the ability to access and share information easily using cloud-based data services.
This webinar will discuss how new solutions utilizing wireless temperature monitoring and cloud-based technologies address these issues and provide actionable data for proactive management of the pharmaceutical cold chain. You will learn how to:
- Optimize temperature management and document chain-of-custody.
- Identify and respond to potential issues in the supply chain before excursions occur.
- Ensure that manufacturers, 3PLs, couriers and health care providers can document that the product has been properly shipped and will be effective and safe for the patient.
- Successfully address ePedigree and serialization requirements.
- Improve profitability by reducing the amount of wasted or lost product in the supply chain.