ANTHONY (TJ) RIZZO
Senior Vice President
Cold Chain Technologies
Pre-Conference SiTe Tour & Workshop Day: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Tuesday, October 15th, 2019
8:45 AM Cold Chain Technologies
Cold Chain Technologies is a leading provider of reusable and single-use thermal packaging solutions supporting the distribution of temperature-sensitive shipments around the globe.
Don’t miss this opportunity to visit the ISO 9001:2015 Certified, Massachusetts manufacturing facility and global headquarters. The guided tour of the certified facility will include: thermal testing lab, manufacturing operation and hands-on overview of the shipping systems
By attending the tour you will gain:
- An understanding of the design, testing and manufacturing capabilities required for an organization to provide effective thermal packaging solutions and supply these on a sufficient scale to support global cold chain distribution of health care products.
- An understanding of the integrated product and logistics services required to provide just-in-time delivery of ready-to-load, reusable parcel and pallet shipping solutions.
- An opportunity to interact with our thermal engineers and subject matter experts to learn and exchange best practices in cold chain supply and distribution
Main Conference Day One: Thursday, October 17, 2019
Thursday, October 17th, 2019
1:00 PM 14. Achieving Sustainability and Environment Packaging Designs in Temperature Controlled Packaging
- New developments in reuse and refurbishment including phase change materials (PCM)
- Reusing and making a closed loop supply chain that’s economical
Main Conference Day Two: Friday, October 18, 2019
11:45 AM Industry Collaboration to Enhance Sustainable Packaging Solutions: Updates on the Return & Reuse Best Practice Guidance
This session will provide a critical update on how both pharma companies and the packaging industry have collaborated to drive standardization of re-usable packaging solutions, allowing the use of more robust shippers at a reasonable price and reducing waste and negative environmental impact.
- Update on packaging and standardizing Operational Qualification (OQ)
- New developments in the re-use of materials
- Overview of the technical paper’s content soon to be published by USP including: passive thermal packaging system types, reuse qualification, refurbishment service and inspection details
- Upcoming group projects including new topics and membership