Inside World Courier - Learn More About World Courier
World Courier is the leader in speciality solutions for global supply, and for the last 45 years we have been meeting the demands and industry expectations for time and temperature sensitive materials, requiring the utmost in speed and care.
We handle pharmaceuticals, biological samples, documents, high tech components, and spare parts, using a risk management based approach, under ISO 9001:2008, and ISO 14001:2008, maintaining GxP compliant status for all relevant regulations, always striving to be ahead of the requirements to satisfy customer and regulatory requirements.
Our services are utilized by over five hundred biopharmaceutical companies, including each of the top 50 global players, as well as all major Contract Research Organizations, Clinical Trial Suppliers and Central Labs. In addition we service the technology sector, engineering and manufacturing and legal and financial services.
World Courier offers a truly unique business model that combines the scale and reach of an extensive company-owned global network with the flexibility and quality control of a local market specialist.
World Courier's Global Office Network
Over 150 company-owned offices worldwide
World Courier is the largest specialty courier company in the world with over 150 company-owned offices around the globe – nearly ten times the number of offices of all other specialty courier companies combined!
In each of these offices we rely on our own employees to anticipate problems and implement solutions, to deal efficiently with local transport and customs agencies, to communicate with shippers and consignees in their own language and time zone, and to ensure results.
No other specialty courier service can match the global reach or experience of World Courier.
World Courier’s customers have full confidence that mission-critical materials will reach their destination in perfect condition and on-time, anywhere in the world.
World Courier acknowledges the critical role that Good Practice plays in servicing its customers. We remain dedicated to ensuring GxP compliance at a worldwide organizational level particularly as it relates to the transport and storage of investigational drugs, biological samples and ancillary supplies used in global clinical trials.
The formalization of World Courier’s GxP compliance comes after:
- Extensive review of international Good Practice (GxP) and Quality Management standards
- Development of a company-wide GxP policy
- Successful implementation of additional processes that enhance the company’s current ISO 9001:2008 program
- Appointment of a global Quality Assurance team to monitor quality and ensure system-wide regulatory compliance on the local, regional and corporate level
The basis of World Courier’s GxP Policy rests largely with established precepts of Good Distribution Practice (GDP), Good Storage Practice (GSP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) as they relate to each business individually (transport and storage) and follows all relevant guidance documents supporting these practices.
World Courier has also put in place an independent Quality Management System that complements its GxP policy and conforms to leading international quality management and oversight programs. World Courier also complies with other quality systems including the ISO 9000 series.
Clinical Storage Solutions
World Courier are experts in temperature controlled storage solutions for
the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries offering specialized storage and supply services across the full "life cycle" of the clinical trial and pharmaceutical supply process.
With company owned GMP compliant facilities, comprehensive SOP’s and a proprietary CTM management software system, we offer an unparalleled service in thirteen locations worldwide.
We are strategically located in Australia, China, India, Latin America, Russia, Japan, Singapore and South Africa to help in the most demanding regulatory environments.
All World Courier depots feature:
- Fully GMP compliant facilities
- Full time on site Pharmacists
- 24/7/365 permanent security staff
- Real time 24 hour remote visibility of stock levels and temperature
- Storage at 15°C to 25°C, 2°C to 8°C, -25°C to -15°C,-85°C to -60°C
- Securely locked facilities only accessible to authorized staff
- Redundant systems for temperature control
- Automated alarm system
- Returns and destruction services
- Relabelling service
- Full audit trail and identifiable chain of custody
- Delivery to all intra-country sites
- Storage of controlled drug in most locations
- Study specific SOP preparation
- Assistance with permits applications, customs
- Clearance and brokers
- Import duty advancement to expedite clearance
- Global all risks insurance
- Quality and Technical
Temperature Controlled Solutions
World Courier delivers its specialized logistics services across the full "life cycle" of the clinical trial and pharmaceutical supply process. The Company manages the logistics and transport of all trial materials, packaging, scheduling and routing.
- Pre-trial logistics consulting (permit and regulatory compliance, packaging and site selection)
- Temperature-controlled handling capabilities, from controlled room temperature to frozen
- Shipment of time-critical and temperature-controlled investigational drugs and samples between biopharmaceutical companies, CROs, CTSs, Central Labs and storage depots
- Real-time, online tracking
- In-transit temperature-controlled monitoring and replenishment
- Complex, consignment-specific packaging solutions
- Customs brokerage solutions to ensure compliance with country-specific customs regulations
- Managing import of bulk drugs and supplies into centralized storage depots
- Inter-country distribution from investigational drug storage depots to clinical trial research sites
- Coordination of patient sample logistics
- Management of drug return and destruction procedures.
The in-house temperature-control specialists in each World Courier office work with
- A full range of thermal packaging options
- Active systems, semi-active systems, passive systems
- Dry ice and liquid nitrogen shippers
- Conforming to current UN/IATA standards
- Vacuum insulated panels and phase change materials
- Packaging qualified up to 120 hours to allow for any eventuality
- Controlled ambient (+15°C to +25°C)
- Refrigerated (+2°C to +8°C)
- Frozen (-15°C to -25°C)
- Deep frozen (-70°C)
- Liquid nitrogen (-196°C)
World Courier Ground Europe
Specialists in intra-European temperature-controlled ground transport for the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries.
World Courier operates using
6 standards for maximum fuel efficiency
- State-of-the-art refrigerated vehicles, complying with the latest environmental standards
- Highly trained drivers and staff
- Continent-wide SOPs
- Advanced telematics with computerised in-cab displays
- Real-time satellite tracking,
- Compliant with all current GxP requirements including the EU GDP guidelines (2013/C 343/01)
- Enhanced security features including cameras and customised driver sleeping compartment
- Independently tested for extreme external challenges between -25°C and +40°C
- Refrigerated (+2°C to +8°C)
- Controlled ambient (+15°C to +25°C)
- Frozen (–15°C to –25°C)
- World Courier Ground Europe currently operates these specially designed, prequalified, vehicles:
- Sprinter based fleet of temperature controlled ‘cubes’ with custom built high performance insulation
- Premium tractor units, highly efficient and built to Euro
- 13.6-meter specialised temperature mapped custom built trailers with the highest standard of insulation, and compressor units
- Network of 55 offices in Europe, for support and control, to assist with border and customs issues, and offer local language and knowledge as required.