Cool Chain Excellence Awards 2011 Winners
The Cool Chain Excellence Awards were held last night to recognise the results, achievements and performance of cold chain stakeholders in the industry. Pharma IQ assembled a prestigious list of cool chain experts and leaders to objectively evaluate best quality, qualification or risk management project and the best temperature controlled logistics project. For the first time the online cold chain community also contributed to the vote contributing to 50 percent of the vote.
The expert judging committee comprised of:
- Gert-Jan van Diest, QA Project Manager, Abbott Logistics BV
- Robert-Jan van den Bos, Senior Distribution Manager, Amgen
- Jens Lamberth, Global Category Manager , AstraZenec
- Martin Peter, Director, Cold Chain Operations (only juding for Logistics category)
- Lisa Mazzoni, Project Lead, Temperature Controlled Supply Chain, F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Saddam Huq, Manager QA Logistics & Cold Chain, GlaxoSmithKline
- Eric van Asselt, Cold Chain Improvement Manager, Vaccines, Merck Sharp and Dohme and Chair PCCIG EU
- Rafik H. Bishjara PhD, Technical Advisor and Chair PCCIG USA Branch, PDA (only judging for the Logistics category)
- Richard Peck, Head of Technical Systems, Softbox
The Awards were presented at a glittering ceremony and gala dinner during boat tour of Rotterdam on Tuesday, 25 January 2011.
And the winners were...
Best Quality, Qualification or Risk Management Project
Winner: Elpro - Developing a New Datalogger Method
Runner Up: Daniel Lutz, Panalpina Air & Ocean - Cold Chain Center
Best Temperature Control Logistics Project Award
Winner: Peter Norheimer,Frigo-Trans GmbH - Tailor-Made Logistic Concepts
Runner UP: Prakash Mahesh, ThermoSafe Brands - Pay-Per-Use Reusable Insulated Packaging System